Military Defense Attorney
My name is Aden Wilkie and I am the managing partner of the Wilkie Law Firm representing members of the various branches of the U. S. military throughout the United States. Before starting the Wilkie Law Firm I served 21 years in the United States Marine Corps retiring in January 2020.
While in the Marines, I was known for my unwavering integrity and tenacious personality that translated into many successes both in and outside the court room. I have extensive experience in representing clients in a wide variety of military and federal matters including: Murder; Rape and Sexual Assault; Child Pornography; Computer Crimes; Drug Distribution, Possession, and Use; Aggravated Assault and Battery, Sexual Harassment, AWOL and Unauthorized Absence. I have the experience to understand that some cases may call for tact and a quiet resolution, but others call for a full fight with the government upon the applicable contested legal battlefield.
While I am in North Carolina I can travel nationally to protect the rights of my clients. When you hire me to defend you, I will be there to protect your legal rights.
If you are in trouble with the military and need someone to defend you, I would be honored to be given that opportunity. Fill out the contact form, provide the applicable information and let us talk about your case. The first meeting is free, and I will give you my honest assessment of your case and how I can defend you.
Aden was born in Santa Clara, California and grew up in Columbia, Maryland. He graduated from the University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and began his studies at Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon in 1996. Aden attended Officer Candidate School and Platoon Leader’s Course, Quantico, Virginia in 1997 while enrolled in law school and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps Reserve in 1998. He attained his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 1999, passed the Maryland bar exam and was sworn in to practice law in December 1999.
Aden Wilkie successfully completed The Basic School, Quantico, Virginia and the Basic Lawyer Course at the Naval Justice School, Newport, Rhode Island in 2001. He served as both a trial counsel and a defense counsel before his selection and enrollment in the Expeditionary Warfare School, Quantico, Virginia in June 2004. In addition to 6 deployments, Aden held several high profile Staff Judge Advocate positions and received the 2010 Garrison Award for top lawyer performance in the Special Operating Forces around the globe.
Aden Wilkie successfully completed the U.S. Army’s Basic Airman Course, Fort Benning, Georgia as the honor graduate in 2011. That year he was also selected to attend The Army Judge Advocate Legal Center and School located in Charlottesville, Virginia where he obtained a Master of Laws (LLM) in Criminal Justice. He was one of a handful of lawyers to have the honor of being a published academia in the legal publication: “Army Lawyer”.
Aden knows firsthand the power and reach of the government. In retaliation for his zealous advocacy, a baseless investigation was launched against him on the first day of a contested murder trial, specifically timed to attack him while fighting to prevent his client from possibly being sentenced to prison for life. Despite the government’s efforts and underhanded tactics, Aden led his defense team to victory and exonerated himself as well.
As the Regional Defense Counsel for the Eastern Region, he became acutely aware of the many flaws in the military justice system with the deck being stacked against an accused. Aden feels a strong desire to help people who are at such a legal disadvantage when they are most vulnerable. Only a civilian practitioner has the freedom of legal maneuver to defend clients in a way one cannot while on active duty and wearing the same uniform as the government prosecutors and commanders responsible for bringing the charges against the individual in question. Not only does Aden want to help those in the military who are being pursued but he also wants to help similarly situated members of the North Carolina community that are facing serious criminal charges and need a zealous advocate to defend them in their hour of need.
Call Aden Wilkie – the Devil Dog Defender, the first meeting is free and will cost you nothing but time. After serving 20 plus years in the United States Marine Corps, Mr. Wilkie has seen it all, been in the position of advising commanders and law enforcement investigators in cases like yours. While no outcome can be guaranteed, your chances of the best possible outcome increase greatly if you get a legal professional on your side, fighting for your rights and keeping the government honest.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology University of Arizona Tucson, Arizona
- Juris Doctorate Willamette University College of Law Salem, Oregon
- Master of Laws in Criminal Law U.S. Army’s Judge Advocate Legal Center and School Charlottesville, Virginia
- Officer Candidate School
The Basic School (TBS)
- Naval Justice School
Newport, Rhode Island Expeditionary Warfare School Quantico, Virginia
- Basic Airman Course (Jump School) Fort Benning, Georgia
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- Navy and Marine Corps Trial Judiciary
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Court of Appeals of North Carolina
- Legion of Merit
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal (2)
- Meritorious Service Medal (2)
- Joint Service Commendation Medal (2)
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (2)
- Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal (2)
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (2)
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- NATO Medal-ISAF Afghanistan
- Presidential Unit Citation-Navy
- Joint Meritorious Unit Commendation
- Navy Unit Commendation
- Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation
- Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (3)
- Garrison Award 2010
- Top lawyer performance in the global Special Operating Forces
- Honor Grad Jump School 2011
- Basic Airman Course, Fort Benning, Georgia
- Published academia article
- Legal publication: “Army Lawyer”
- Expert Rifle
- Expert Pistol